Tuesday, December 09, 2008

5 things that make me happy, plus misc stuff

So, i've been meaning to acknowledge the little things in life that make me happy - especially this time of year when the sun sets too early and the grey skies make me want to pull the covers over my head and stay in bed all day. So, here are 5 things that pleased me today-

1. IT Crowd on IFC. (although i haven't been able to see it because my DirecTV is hosed) I just THINK about IT Crowd and i can't help but smile. Richmond always makes me chuckle.
2. My employees gave me a gift card to the Flying Saucer. I <3 my people. :) Tonight is trivia, and i plan on us at least getting 3rd place again. Especially since we were only down by 2 points!!! last time.
3. ETSY- everything about etsy rocks my socks. I got great gears, beads and Christmas presents off etsy.
4. Queen of Babylon white tea. Teavana is my drug of choice for the moment. I can't afford for Absinthe to be my drug of choice all the time. :)
5. Kitties! I had to take Percy to the vet again today, but luckily it doesn't seem to be anything to bad- she's on special food again. While we were at the vet, she wanted me to hold her so i pulled her out of the carrier and she snuggled up and buried her face in my sweater. SO CUTE! and she buzzes so sweetly. I know i am loved when i cuddle up with her.

I am SO tired of the rain- and it's only been raining a day! When it rains in the summer, it's nice because afterwards everything is crisp and fresh. When it rains in the winter, everything is just soggy. all the piles of leaves are gross, the yard is a sink hole because the grass is dead and the dirt just becomes a big mud hole.. i hate that it is almost dark at 5pm too.. even though i am a night person, when it gets dark that early, it totally screws up my internal clock.
I probably wouldn't mind so much if i didn't have to leave the house when it rains. If i could stay home and lay in the bed with the kitties all day and read, it would probably be perfect because i enjoy the sound of the rain.. i just hate the mess..

No comments: