Thursday, November 19, 2009

my new baby


Meet the newest edition to my family- a GORGEOUS Mamiya RZ67. My first really professional type camera. I mean i have dozens of cameras. I have a Kiev 6C, a Nikon FM-10, a Pentax K1000, countless Dianas, Holgas and vintage box cameras... but this.. OMG.. this camera is the real deal.. Needless to say, Christmas came early this year.

i can't wait to take it out and run some film through it. I don't know where i want to go with it, but i am just itching to play. I keep taking it out of the box, looking through the view finder, just getting a feel for it. It's HUGE and heavy.. definitely not a hiking camera. (although i used to say that about the Kiev too.. and it's done great on the monopod on pretty much all our hiking trips)

Watch for image updates.. I guess i have to invest in a scanner now for sure. the Nikon image scanner i want is only 2 grand.. i know... i know.. i'll have to start out smaller.. and before anyone suggests it, i don't want to get a digital back, yet.. i know it's only a matter of time before andy will want to explore medium format digital.. :)

No comments: