Monday, February 08, 2016

Creative Life - Week 5 & 6

It's been a busy year. At least on the "Main Stream Job" front. i have been trying to be the artist also, but time has been scarce. I am proud to say i completed my piece for the Halstead Kinetic Challenge and went to the opening of the Collaborations show at MJCC that i am a part of (along with a slew of talented Tennessee artists)

I haven't been able to keep up with my blog because nothing wants to post from the mobile app anymore- something broke on the last update, which is just silly since i have a google phone and this is a google app...I had week 5 written and ready to go last week, but anyways- it's about the spirit of the blog more than the letter of the posts.

i have been treading water (in life) mostly- work is busy, creativity scant, weather weird. I keep pushing on because i know the life i want is within reach. I sourced some neat old silverware from the early 1900's for my next project- i'm going to make molds of parts of them and use them in other pieces- there's too much of a historian in me to cut them up and use them. i picked up two lovely floral pieces from an antique store in Galveston- they'll have a fun story at least. :) And i'll have some great samples to show off at my Mold Making for Metal Clay class that is happening March 12th at the Memphis Botanic Gardens. :)



No comments: