Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jewelry a day challenge- catch up

Well.. Sunday i went to the bead and gem show and got some amazing old stock Bali and Karen Hill silver. I mean, this is the real deal primo stuff from before the market crash when everything went to silver plate and simple designs.. i got some rounds that have some of the most amazing granulation on them i have ever seen.

And the weather here was amazing that day- 65, i think.. and after weeks of bitter cold and knowing that bitter cold was again, right around the corner, i went out and enjoyed the day. I collected some acorns and seed pods that will be excellent for elecroforming, so even when i'm not making jewelry, i'm thinking about making jewelry. :) I did put together a pendant that i could technically claim as a piece for the day, but i have plans for it to be an entire necklace, so i'd rather save it and show it finished than get partial credit.

Monday was a productive day, just again, not on the jewelry making front. I repaired one of my corsets- the busk needed a set of rivets repaired- i wound up making new rivets and putting it back together. and i listed a piece of jewelry on etsy- 1 towards my goal of 2 a week.

Tuesday, i worked on revitalizing old work. I had some great ideas back in the day, but not always the skill to execute them. So, i pulled out an old pendant, took out the stones and fixed some things. I will post a picture of it with my challenge piece tonight (don't think i got extra industrious and made 2 pieces today)

No comments: