Friday, July 31, 2015

Weekly challenge - week 30 part 2

I've gotten all the pieces finished for the show save for a little final finishing and I'm pretty stoked about it. All the pieces are fold formed or air chased so they are a nice cohesive collection. I found an excellent display case for the jewelry and I prepared the wall pieces for gallery hanging. This is my first gallery show so I'm nervous about how the work will present and flow with the other artists' pieces.

a few of the pieces

The opening is August 7th from 5 to 7 at the Centennial Art Center in Nashville and the show runs until September 25th. Unfortunately I won't be at the closing reception because that is Repair Days at the metal museum. It's also the TN craft fall show in Centennial park (Nashville) so if you're going to be in the area, you should go to both. They're free and there will be plenty of awesome art and lots of cool people.

 

No comments: