Friday, July 17, 2015

Weekly Challenge- Weeks 27 and 28

Week 27 was crazy- I went of out town for work on about 2 hours notice and spent about 22 hours 'in transit' due to various reasons and didn't get back until Thursday. I got to go to Minneapolis for more than a layover though, and i have to say Minnesota is gorgeous! (last time i was passing through it was December and everything was covered in white- hard to really tell what a place looks like when it's 10 feet deep in snow)


But i got caught up and have some great work to show off- i'm really digging the sculpture stuff i've been doing lately, and it's fun to work a design out in the 'wall scale' and then see how to miniaturize it for jewelry. I've got all my pieces pretty much ready for the show in Nashville next month and i have to say, i'm SUPER stoked about it. (and a little nervous-- pricing is so hard... )

part of one of my wall pieces

And i've decided that i'm going to do a small travel trailer instead of a VW bus for my mobile studio... it was hard-- OMG so HARD to let go of that dream of a completely mobile and self contained studio. Especially after i completely fell in love with that 1st high top bus i found in Cali. BUT... after looking at the Acorns and seeing how much more room i would have for equipment and me, and looking at the reliability issues that VW buses have (even well restored ones) both andy and i would feel more comfortable about me gallivanting across the country in a reliable car (hopefully a new car with warranty) with a small trailer behind. I'll be updating my gofundme with the new information as soon as i have something more solid.


No comments: