Monday, March 07, 2016

Creative Life 2016- week 10

well.. i've missed a few weeks. i was in Denver the last week of February and i was in Nashville last week. In between all my travel, i've been fighting off a sinus infection that reminds me it's there by sending me to bed at 4 in the afternoon. Not exactly the most conducive atmosphere for creativity.

I took a granulation class at the Metal Museum this past Saturday with Doug Harling. When i'd signed up for the class back in January, i had no idea how badly i would need it. It was the first time i'd been at the torch in almost 3 weeks. And this technique is all about patience-  something that i have been in very short supply of recently, so that was good. It's funny how i can pull patience up when i need it for something like this, but still have none for my daily life.

We worked in Fine Silver, but i'm already itching to try it in gold. This is a way that i could make my gold go further and is much less wasteful than casting.



 

No comments: