Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Weekly Challenge - Week 14

I've spent some time spring cleaning at the studio - the anvil table finally has its top and all that is left is to get andy to help me drill the holes for the lug bolts. i'm excited about having not just the large vise, rolling mill and shear mounted, but also my Fretz stake holder that i have had in a little shrine on my bench, awaiting its turn to be used. :)

my bench actually has work space on it now, several unique strands of beads i purchased for the shop side have been rediscovered and are available for purchase and i re-curated my window display- adding another plexi shelf and spreading out some of the goodies so that they can be even more inspiring. My Sarah Perkins bowl (the amazing golden sun on the bottom shelf) is now out and visible as well. It feels good to get the energy of the space back into the positive, especially after such a long, cold winter.
Not the best picture, but gives an idea of the new pretties. 

I'm looking forward to a class i'm taking at the Five in One Social Club down on Broad. It's Old School Screen printing. I'm looking forward to seeing how i can utilize it in my metal working- maybe as a resist for etching, or something with enameling... I suspect there will be experiments documented here soon. :)

I'll be making some gallery rings tonight at Open Studio over at BMB designs from 6pm-10pm. That means soldering, stone setting and finishing demos! Gotta get stock built back up for the Art Walk on the 18th over in East Buntyn! I'll post a picture later, after they're all put together.

No comments: