Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weekly Challenge - Week 26

I sat down last night and redid the samples for my upcoming class at the Memphis Botanic Gardens- Alchemy: Fused glass and fine silver pendants. You don't have to make pendants- you can make earrings, charms, even a ring, if you want because there's plenty of clay, lots of glass options and a few techniques that will help incorporate fire in place glass cabs.

Pieces prior to polishing.

I also started back on my Tree Rings collection by cutting and 'polishing' some gorgeous oak slices for some silver statement rings. I love the little stars in the centers and the way the rings have gotten darker and more defined as the branch has sat in the corner of the living room for 2 years (lol) I have some cherry to cut for beads- mostly for earrings, but if i find a really spectacular slice, i'm going to combine it with a lovely piece of petrified wood in a pendant. (i'm hunting for the perfect slice!)

They're a little over 1/2 inch across

I thought i had been having a hard time feeling inspired lately- but i realized that i'm VERY inspired and i have hundreds of sketches and projects that i really want to work on, but i'm lacking the energy to execute, which translates to frustration and depression. I need to remember my stress management techniques and get back on track with my affirmations. I'm working on getting out more because i *do* need socialization and interaction with others. Hermiting, while i think it gives me more time to work on my art, seems to be counterproductive. So- i'm going to focus on getting things back into balance and keep on making. :)

No comments: