Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Weekly Challenge- Week 48

I had my last show of the season this past weekend. It was the Brooks Holiday Artist Market and it was great. :) I made friends with some artists, bought some beautiful work, and received a lot of positive feedback from customers. All in all, it was a very successful, albeit busy, fall show season. I'm thankful for the break, but already planning for the spring. The fine silver gingko leaves were popular this year- I'm looking forward to collecting some more and making another statement piece - I didn't get any good photos of the one I made, but it was three small leaves, cascading on fine chain from a hammered sterling circle. I really liked how it turned out. I was also experimenting with a new very black patina on silver that is highly polished. It looks almost like hematite when it's finished. I think it's pretty slick and it looked great on one of the gingko leaves and the little stacking rings. I have a long list of things to work on for the spring shows.

I made myself a ring as a reward. I used a freeform piece of 96 layer copper and fine silver mokume gane that I made and set it into a lovely statement ring.
Mokume Gane (wood grain) set in sterling and fine silver ring- Private collection


No comments: