Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Weekly Challenge catch-up - Weeks 46 and 47

I promise I was working the last two weeks! (the dark circles under my eyes from the late nights at the Studio corroborate my story!)

My last show of the season is this weekend at the Brooks Museum and honestly, I'm thrilled. I have a pile of commissions to work on before Christmas and then I can take a break for a couple of weeks before I have to get back to it for classes and spring shows. If I sound like I'm complaining, trust me, I'm not, I just need to make myself a working time turner and maybe make a clone or two of myself! Lots of work is a good problem to have and it is one of the things that I made sure to be thankful for this past holiday.

I'm working out my schedule for classes next year with the Botanic Garden and the Metal Museum. I'm very excited to have opportunities at both locations and am thrilled about the added reach I'll have to get other people addicted to... I mean interested in, metal working!

I've been busy making fresh new things and a few classics. My artistic ADD doesn't allow me to do too many of the same thing without being uncomfortable and a bit whiney. :) But I think I have a good system down for pseudo-production line work that isn't all the same. It can be difficult to create a body of work that is cohesive yet varied enough to be engaging. I am finding that just changing the pattern or the accent stone isn't' enough to keep me feeling like I'm growing and moving, so I have to push myself a bit more. A dear and respected friend said I needed to go a bit further with my work- to not play it safe and to be a little less of a perfectionist. so I'm trying to get a little more dimensional. I'm adding some dapped and swaged shapes to my standard designs and I'm finding they bridge the gap nicely between my fold formed pieces and my air chased pieces. they're not quite ready for the spot light, but watch for them to be showcased in Week 48 as I'll be debuting them at the show this weekend :)

New earrings made for the upcoming show
A shot of my booth at the Crafts & Drafts show on 11/14


No comments: