Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Weekly challenge - Weeks 49-51

I haven't made any new art that i could share over the last couple of weeks because it's all been stuff for gifts- either commissions or gifts i'm giving.

I did go to the MTGMS gem show back on the 13th and picked up some neat stuff i can share though! (the sting of peacock beads are from Flamey Amy- not the gem show, but they came in the day i was taking the photo so i thought i'd include them in the new loot)


I picked up a lot of rutilated quartz at this show- something about it kept calling me and i purchased pieces from three different vendors. I got some neat fossils too- sand dollars and horse teeth.

The smaller cabs (from the left to right over the peacock beads) will be ones i'll have available for my stonesetting class in January at the MBG. This will be a fun class- students will have a choice of making a ring or pendant and we'll set a cab and a faceted stone.

I keep feeling like i have so much to say about this year- about how i grew as an artist and as a business woman this year.. but i don't know how to start. With Week 52 being on the horizon, and me actually keeping up with this very well this year, all things considered, i feel like i need to sit down with my fancy pottery mug of tea and write some words of wisdom, hope and summation, but i just can't get that first sentence out. Maybe i'll be better next week and can give 2015 the artistic send off it needs... and deserves.

No comments: