Friday, September 04, 2015

Weekly challenge - week 35 part 2


Here's what i finished up Wednesday at Open Studio. i think the smaller air chased pieces will be pendants, the two fold formed pieces are sealed with jewelers lacquer to protect their lovely patinas and the cuff at the bottom has been formed into shape and will have a blue patina added to the recesses and a dark brown patina on the rest (fingers crossed it look like it does in my head)

I've got to buckle down and get making! Cooper young is in 2 weeks, then i have Pink Palace 3 weeks after that, and my inventory is low. I need to get all these UFOs off my bench!


I'm going to do a UFO lock-in at the Studio once the weather gets less than desirable (no point in being inside for 24 hours during the lovely fall weather that is soon coming) where you'll pay a fee to reserve your spot at the table for 12 or 24 hours, meals will be provided (you bring your own wine or beer) and we'll have contests for who completes the most UFOs, most unusual way to complete a UFO, etc (UFO for those that don't know are UnFinished Objects-- pieces of whatever medium that have not made it to the completed state for whatever reason) I think it will be a lot of fun, a great way for people to learn some new techniques, get some input from others and get some work completed!

No comments: