Friday, September 25, 2015

Weekly Challenge - Week 38

It's been a true challenge to make sure i'm creating weekly- and that's a sad thing in many ways. This is what i love, what i'm passionate about, what, figuratively, gets me out of bed every morning, and yet, i don't get to do it every day.

I'm trying to understand when it became ok, acceptable, lauded even, to go spend your time doing something you're not passionate about day after day for the majority of your life. I've been doing a lot of reading/studying lately and i honestly think religion has something to do with it. Suffer in this life for the bounty of the afterlife- be a cog in the giant machine of society, have your soul crushed day after day, and receive your heavenly reward when you die. People/cultures that don't have afterlife beliefs live much more in the moment- they are an experiential people. I'm trying to find a way to work that zest for the moment into my daily life, which in a society that is more focused on *next* than *now*, is difficult to say the least.

Making doesn't always mean a finished product- or even a 'product' at all. sometimes making is just a sketch, writing in my journal.. sometimes it's just working on an idea in my head and finding solutions.

that being said- i did finish my commission Friday while i was manning the T-Shirt desk at Repair Days and i will be making at the Family Fun tent tomorrow...

No comments: